Throwing confetti is a tradition that goes back centuries – most commonly seen at weddings, birthday parties and anniversaries. However, advances in technology mean that the tradition can be replicated on a much larger scale. For this reason, our confetti machines and cannons are ideal for creating spectacular moments and scenes at any event, be it a product launch, a presentation ceremony or a fashion show.
All of the confetti effects below are designed to suit your particular needs, with different firing options and confetti types available.
Please click on the images to read the full case study for each project.
Our expert team are on hand to help you create the exact confetti effect needed to elevate your event, advising on the best products that will suit your chosen venue, theme and budget.
For large scale events, we can fire and/or release confetti from a choice of several different machines.
MAGIC FX MASTER BLASTER
What is a Magic FX Master Blaster?
- Shoots vast amounts of confetti very quickly with an output up to 3-5 kilos per minute.
- It can launch the confetti up to 15 metres (wind dependent), so is great for large dance events and festivals held within arenas and stadiums.
- Powered by CO2 gas – choose from small, medium or large gas canisters. The size of the canister determines the length of time the confetti can be fired for.
Requires one trained technician per machine in order to operate.
Fires confetti only.
MAGIC FX SWIRL FAN
What is a Magic FX Swirl Fan?
- Designed to create a silent storm of confetti.
- It’s very discreet and can deliver the confetti as a complete surprise.
- Because of its low noise fan, this machine is perfect for theatres, television and fashion shows.
- Can be mounted in a truss or roof beam and easily controlled from floor level.
Easily linked to multiple machines, so can be controlled by a single, trained technician.
Fires confetti only.
MAGIC FX STADIUM SHOT
What is a Magic FX Stadium Shot?
- The most powerful confetti cannon available.
- It gives an instant, single burst of confetti.
- Fires up to 20 metres when packed with tissue/metallic confetti.
- Fires up to 30 metres when packed with streamers.
- Fires up to 50 metres when packed with stadium streamers (very large strips of coloured metallic material).
The cannon is powered by compressed air and an electronic firing system, so must be operated by a trained technician.
Can fire confetti or streamers/stadium streamers.
HANDHELD & ELECTRIC CONFETTI CANNONS
What are handheld and electric confetti cannons?
- Are designed to fire tissue/metallic confetti or streamers up to 10 metres, at any angle, with minimum noise.
- Particularly useful in venues where pyrotechnics are not an option.
- Are available in two sizes – 40cm or 80cm.
Event crew or guests can fire these, making it a very simple and cost-effective option for any event.
Can fire confetti or streamers.
PACKING YOUR CHOSEN MACHINE OR CANNON
All of our loose streamers and confetti comes in a variety of non-fading colours.
Metallic confetti or biodegradable tissue confetti – both fire retardant.
Metallic streamers – long ribbons with a shiny finish.
Confetti (also known as flutter-fetti)
- Can be fired from a range of devices, allowing for greater flexibility.
- Available in a variety of shapes including hearts, petals or even fake money (perfect for a Las Vegas themed party).
- When fired from any device above, it will only travel a short distance (5-20 metres).
- Clean-up is difficult (thousands of pieces of confetti will need to be swept or hoovered up, especially if metallic confetti is your preferred choice).
- Each piece is significantly heavier and more aerodynamic than a piece of confetti, meaning they can be propelled further – approximately 12-50 metres.
- Far easier to clean up (can be simply gathered and coiled in your hands).
- Can only be fired from a compressed air cannon (Stadium Shot or Handheld Confetti Cannons), so the range of devices to fire from is limited.
- The extra weight means that it falls to earth quicker than standard tissue and metallic confetti.
Confetti or Streamers - Which should you choose?
- Metallic confetti is more popular because of its bright and shining material. However, it’s non-biodegradable and therefore more commonly used at indoor events.
- Tissue confetti is biodegradable and will dissolve instantly on the ground when in contact with water, so this is most commonly used at outdoor events.
- Sports Tournaments/Competitions
- Stage Productions and Gigs such as Lewis Capaldi’s Shepherd’s Bush show
- Parades such as Arsenal’s FA Cup Victory Parade at London’s Emirates Stadium
- Fashion Shows
- Product Launches
- Confetti machines can be shipped within five days, along with the accompanying streamers or confetti.
- Metallic confetti or biodegradable tissue confetti is available in varying colours and shapes.
- Care must be taken when operating the Master Blaster due to being powered by 100kg CO2 gas canisters.
- The confetti effects do not contain explosive content or generate heat, making them less restricted than any of our other pyro special effects.
DETAILED PRODUCT INFORMATION
Installation and Set-up
We stock a wide range of confetti and streamers in a variety of colours and shapes at our Hertfordshire based warehouse, meaning that our team are often able to turnaround projects extremely quickly.
To ensure that your event runs as smoothly as possible, our team of experts are able to rig some of the confetti effects at the event and move them into position at the last moment before firing.
To maintain the element of surprise, we also aim to locate equipment as discreetly as possible, making the spectacular plume of colour a surprise for your audience or guests.
How long will the show last?
- On average, a confetti shower will last between 30 and 60 seconds.
- Tissue and metallic confetti shapes will generally be fired continuously throughout the period.
- Streamers will be fired in a number of consecutive volleys in order to produce a constant stream of colour.
Health & Safety Information
Important factors to consider:
- Our Master Blaster machine uses compressed gas in cannons to distribute the confetti at high speed, so there is a possibility of causing injury if the product is not operated correctly.
- It is important to ensure that there are no obstructions in front of the machines or cannons, looking at the trajectory firing angle and the distance that the confetti will travel. Common obstacles include lights, ceiling height and of course, the audience, crowd and guests.
RATHER HIRE OR PURCHASE?
Want to rig and run an effect yourself? Check out our extensive range of confetti effect products available and ready for you to hire or purchase.
Products can be shipped nationwide by courier, or for larger/local orders we can deliver them ourselves. Alternatively, if you’re passing by, you can save on the delivery charges and collect them free of charge!