It’s been dubbed the future of special effects, and it’s easy to see why. Get all the essential info about Sparkular and discover why you should choose this safe, non-pyrotechnic device for your next big event.
What is Sparkular?
Sparkular is a technology that produces impressive sparks which look identical to those achieved through standard Gerbs. The difference is that the sparks generated by a Sparkular machine are far coer than normal pyro, which can burn at 1200 degrees! Sparkular is a non-hazardous special effects solution that can be used anywhere, even in venues where fireworks and pyrotechnics are banned.
How does it work?
Sparkular machines work by heating granules of titanium and zirconium powder to create glowing sparks, before quickly cooling them to a safe temperature. The sparks keep their glow even when cold, thus producing a safe and non-flammable special effect. One sachet of titanium granules can produce around 15 minutes’ worth of sparks.
What are the advantages over traditional pyrotechnics?
As well as producing spectacular effects to rival a traditional pyrotechnics show, Sparkular has a whole host of advantages over standard pyro:
- It’s fundamentally safe, because temperatures remain cool throughout its operation. This non-hazardous system has no fire risk, which is great news when it comes to complying with health and safety regulations.
- Because it’s so safe, you won’t need the same exclusion zones as you would for fireworks, meaning you can maximise enjoyment by letting your audience get up close to the action. You don’t need as big a space as you would for traditional pyrotechnics, so it’s the perfect choice where space is limited.
- It can be used indoors or outdoors (although not waterproof), so it’s flexible and adaptable for any occasion.
- It’s easy to set up in a matter of minutes. Even if you are setting up multiple Sparkular machines, you can get everything ready to go in an hour or less, and it’s compatible with a DMX unit.
- There’s no unpleasant sulphur smell.
- You get more bang for your buck: a show can last for up to 15 minutes, as opposed to a few seconds for pyro.
- As well as all of these practical advantages, Sparkular has extra potential as a special effect. It’s possible to control every element of the sparks, including height, volume, timing and duration, and you can program them to synchronise with music, or other elements of your event. Unlike standard-based pyrotechnics, you have complete control to stop the sparks mid-display if need be.
Sparkular is a fantastic special effect for use at festivals, in theatres, for private functions and in film and TV. At Entertainment Effects we can design and deliver the whole display to your unique requirements. If you would like to use Sparkular for your next event, check out a video showing what stunning indoor pyrotechnics effects can be achieved.