Flames can create a tremendous atmosphere for many events, from product launches and music performances to big match days. They can be used in addition to firework displays or are just as effective when used on their own.
Our state of the art flame projector operates both indoors and outside, producing a variety of flame special effects from tall flame jets to delicate fire balls.
Our flame products are surprisingly versatile and can be used for a number of different events, including:
- Sports Events – Team or player entrances on the field or trophy presentations at Cup Finals.
- Music Performances – Stage productions for festivals or tours.
- TV Shows – Game shows live Ninja Warrior where competitors have to overcome obstacles.
- Firework Displays – To add an extra dimension of excitement to the display.
- Gantry Start Lines – For the start or finish of a race.
Our flame effects have been used in trophy presentations at sporting cup finals as well as team and player entrances on the field, such as this one at the Ricoh Arena.
A six-week installation in Kew Gardens as part of a Winter Wonderland illuminated walk through the park. The flames created a fire garden and pulsed jets of fire in time with a musical accompaniment.
We have a range of versatile flame projectors that offer a number of impressive features, all with easy installation and removal. They are perfect for events where an area needs to be cleared quickly.
Our products are computer programmable with a state of the art firing system enabling us to fire the flames with split second accuracy, whilst giving us the ability to synchronise displays in time to music, creating a spectacular show.
- The indoor unit is very compact measuring only 35cm.
- Utilises an internal gas canister.
- Can be positioned on the floor or attached to a truss.
- Can also fire sideways or even upside down to create flame heights of up to 3m.
- An external gas canister can be attached to gain a larger flame up to 8m (ceiling height dependant).
- The flames can be fired wirelessly or via a DMX desk.
We often include flame jets in our larger budget displays to get up close and personal with the crowd to add an extra dimension and level of excitement to the display.
- The outdoor system requires an external gas canister, which we have neatly built into a small flight case.
- We have specialist trolleys enabling us to move up to 4 flames around a venue quickly for install and derig.
- This type of flame special effect is susceptible to the wind but can reach heights of 6-7m in calm conditions.
- The flames can be fired through a wireless connection or via a DMX desk.
- Operates using a pressurised liquid fuel.
- Each of the flame jets are controlled individually, enabling them to be fired independently or together in various combinations.
- This unit is not wireless so requires power and a DMX desk.
- Flames can reach 10m in height but a larger safety exclusion zone is required because of the angles of the flames.
The flame bar is an additional feature which can be added onto the indoor or outdoor flame units.
Produces a 2m wide and 0.5m high wall of flame, perfect for placing along the front line of a stage or using to surround a performer or trophy for example.
INSTALLATION AND SET-UP
As with our pyrotechnic products, there are several factors to take into consideration when arranging a set-up.
Other common considerations include:
- Ceiling heights.
- Safety distances.
- Wind conditions – a key factor as the flame is susceptible to being blown in a breeze (when outdoors, monitoring the wind and increasing the safety distance according to the conditions is vital).
HOW LONG WILL MY FLAME EFFECTS LAST?
The duration of the flame depends on how large a gas supply is attached to it. There are some huge Propane bottles available, however most of them are too large to move in and out of position quickly, so if we want to remain mobile then we usually utilise 6kg or 13kg bottles.
These bottles provide 60 and 140 seconds of flames. Whilst on the surface this may not sound like a huge amount, a full height flame burst can be achieved with as little as a 0.3 second burst of gas. Therefore, you can anticipate 200 to 466 flame bursts which is more than enough for the vast majority of events and most shows use a combination of burst lengths from 0.3 seconds up to 3 full seconds.
In terms of height, flame heights vary and can be from 2.5m to 8m depending on application.
HEALTH AND SAFETY INFORMATION
Our products are very safe and have a number of features to aid with Health and Safety.
For our flame effects:
- There is an Optical Warning signal (large exclamation mark) which flashes red when the system is armed and ready to fire. This signifies to the operational crew, performers and anyone else nearby that the flame is ready to be used and extra caution should be used. When switched off it is also a signal that safety areas can be re-entered and that the flame show has ended, meaning that the product can be removed.
- There is a tilt function, so in the unlikely event that a flame is knocked over, the tilt sensor is activated, preventing the flame from firing.
- There are numerous non-return valves, fuel shut-off valves and emergency off inputs for added safety.
- Flames can be fired in very close proximity to people, sometimes just 1-2m. Creating an exclusion zone and monitoring safety distance is the key aspect to enable safe operation. Our basic approach to all H&S scenarios is to be proactive and brief everyone within the vicinity of the flames in the period leading up to firing. If possible, it is also good to do a test fire so people can see the product and know what to expect.
- The flames operate at varying heights, meaning that the taller the flame the longer the safety distance needs to be.
Discover more about our Health & Safety precautions.