Flame special effects can create a tremendous atmosphere at your next event – be it a product launch, music performance or sporting event.
Our state of the art machines and projectors are surprisingly versatile, operating both indoors and out to produce a variety of effects from tall flame jets to delicate fire balls. They can be used in addition to firework displays or are just as effective when used on their own.
- Sports Events – Team or player entrances on the field or trophy presentations at Cup Finals.
- Music Performances – Stage productions for festivals and tours, much like Will Smith and Jazzy Jeff’s anticipated comeback at Livewire Festival.
- TV Shows – Game shows such as Ninja Warrior where competitors have to overcome obstacles.
- Firework Displays – To add an extra dimension of excitement to your display.
- Gantry Start Lines – For the start or finish of a race.
- Aspects such as ceiling height, safety distances and wind conditions all need to considered when planning the event.
- The gas supply attached to the equipment decides the duration of the flame effects. Our team of specialists utilise 6kg or 13kg gas bottles which provide flames for up to 140 seconds.
Please click on the images to read the full case study for each project.
We have a range of versatile flame machines that offer a number of impressive effects, all with easy installation and removal – perfect for events where an area needs to be cleared quickly.
All of our flame effects are computer programmable with a state of the art firing system. This enables our specialist team to fire the flames with split-second accuracy, but also gives us the ability to synchronise displays in time to music, creating a spectacular show!
- Operates using a pressurised liquid fuel.
- Each of the flame jets are controlled individually, enabling them to be fired independently or together in various combinations.
- This unit is not wireless so requires power and a DMX desk.
- Flames can reach 10 metres in height, but a larger safety exclusion zone is required because of the angles of the flames.
We often include flame jets in our larger budget displays to get up close and personal with the crowd, adding an extra dimension and level of excitement to the display.
- The outdoor system requires an external gas canister, which we have neatly built into a small flight case.
- We have specialist trolleys enabling us to move up to four flames around a venue quickly for install and derig.
- This type of flame effect is susceptible to the wind but can reach heights of 6-7 metres in calm weather conditions.
- The flames can be fired through a wireless connection or via a DMX desk.
- The indoor unit is very compact measuring only 35cm.
- Utilises an internal gas canister.
- Can be positioned on the floor or attached to a truss.
- Can also fire sideways or even upside down to create flame heights of up to 3 metres.
- An external gas canister can be attached to gain a larger flame up to 8 metres (ceiling height dependant).
- The flames can be fired wirelessly or via a DMX desk.
The flame bar is an additional feature which can be added onto the indoor or outdoor flame units.
Produces a 2 metre wide and 0.5 metre high wall of flame, perfect for placing along the front line of a stage or using to surround a performer or trophy.
A Flambeaux is a flaming torch for use at night. The simple, but effective decorations look great outside any venue and create a warm welcome for your guests.
They can be installed and left to burn for 8-10 hours.
DETAILED PRODUCT INFORMATION
Installation and Set-up
As with our pyro special effects, there are several factors to take into consideration when arranging a set-up.
- Ceiling heights.
- Safety distances.
- Wind conditions – A key factor as the flame is susceptible to being blown in a breeze. When setting up the equipment outdoors, monitoring the wind and increasing the safety distance according to the conditions is vital.
How long will my flame effects last?
The duration of the flame depends on how large the gas supply is attached to the machine. Huge propane bottles are available, however most of them are too large to move in and out of position quickly. To remain mobile, our team of specialists usually utilise 6kg or 13kg bottles which provide 60 and 140 seconds of flames.
Whilst on the surface this may not sound like long time, a full height flame burst can be achieved with as little as a 0.3 second burst of gas. Therefore, you can anticipate 200 to 466 flame bursts within this time period, which is more than enough for the vast majority of events (many of which use a combination of burst lengths from 0.3 seconds up to 3 full seconds).
How high do the flames fire?
Flame heights vary and can be from 2.5 metres to 8 metres depending on application.
Health & Safety Information
All of our flame effects are very safe and have a number of features to aid with health and safety.
- Optical warning signals (large exclamation marks) flash red when the system is armed and ready to fire. This signifies to the operational crew, performers and anyone else nearby that the flame is ready to be used. When flame machines are switched off, signals also indicate that safety areas can be re-entered and that the flame show has ended, meaning that the product can be removed.
- There is a tilt function, so in the unlikely event that a flame is knocked over, the tilt sensor is activated, preventing the flame from firing.
- There are numerous non-return valves, fuel shut-off valves and emergency off inputs for added safety.
- Flames can be fired in very close proximity to people, sometimes just 1-2 metres. Creating an exclusion zone and monitoring safety distance is the key aspect to enable safe operation. Our basic approach to all health and safety scenarios is to be proactive and brief everyone within the vicinity of the flames in the period leading up to firing. If possible, it is also good to do a test fire so that people can see the product and know what to expect.
- Flame effects operate at varying heights, meaning that the taller the flame, the longer the safety distance needs to be.
Discover more about our Health & Safety precautions.