Our team of special effects experts have a vast amount of experience in supplying mesmerising indoor pyrotechnic displays at events and stage productions big and small across the UK, creating an unforgettable, unique atmosphere for audiences and guests.
Please click on the images to read the full case study for each project.
Using pyrotechnics indoors can be very challenging and many of our traditional products such as our comets, gerb fountains and mines don’t get off the ground, generally due to the lack of space, Health and Safety concerns or restrictions from venues.
Our range of indoor pyrotechnic products offer up the perfect solution.
What is Sparkular?
Sparkular is a state of the art machine which omits a large plume of brightly coloured sparks, similar to a Gerb but is incredibly safe and can be used with very small safety distances.
Our go-to machine for indoor pyro:
- Safer than traditional fireworks.
- Has an industry first ‘No Smell’ effect.
- Has a low smoke output.
- Offers a non-pyrotechnic fountain display with total control.
- Content is non-explosive or hazardous.
- Unique ability to independently control duration and height.
- Measure only 35cm with an internal gas canister.
- Can be positioned on the floor or attached to a truss to fire sideways or upside down.
- Flame heights reach anywhere between 3-8 metres.
- Fired wirelessly or via a DMX desk.
- Produce a 2m wide/0.5m high wall of flames.
- CO2 Jets are perfect for repeat usage.
- Performers and guests can walk through the CO2 without danger.
- Multiple CO2 jets can be utilised to create an exciting chase sequence.
- Reduced safety distance of only 2 metres.
CONFETTI & STREAMERS
Confetti showers are an amazing way to transform an event on a relatively low budget, and the photos opportunities they create are fantastic.
We have a wide range of devices to fire confetti products from, whether it be ground based or rigged in the ceiling
- Master Blasters
- Swirl Fans
- Electric Cartridges
- Stadium Shot Cannons
Confetti and Streamers are available in paper or metallic and a wide range of colours.
- Sports Events – Our go-to indoor pyro machine, Sparkular, has been used with great success at the World Darts Championships for player entry onto the stage as well as International Netball.
- Weddings – If you’re looking to add some sparkle to your big day, then why not include the Sparkular for your first dance, Bride and Groom entrance or cake cutting?
- Stage Productions – Includes music concerts, TV productions and award ceremonies. We provided Confetti and the Sparkular for Lewis Capaldi as part of his first UK Solo tour, having previously supported Sam Smith.
- Dry Hire – Entertainment Effects are happy to hire our indoor pyrotechnic units to private event professionals. They can be shipped via a courier.
- Power – Our team will require a 13 or 16 AMP power supply. Cabling needs to be run between each unit.
- Timings – Each indoor pyrotechnic machine can hold 15 minutes worth of powder. They can be fired in short bursts or up to 30 seconds.
- Control – The machines are controlled via a DMX interface, each fired individually or all at once.
- Safety Distances – We can operate the machines with as little as 1 metre safety perimeter. The machine can be cut-off at any time by the operator at the press of a button.
DETAILED PRODUCT INFORMATION
Our team of professionals always aim to install the indoor pyrotechnic products as quickly and as efficiently as possible. Effects are mostly fired using wireless technology, meaning we are able to install them accurately in under a minute.
Indoor events generally have more restrictions than those hosted outdoors, mostly due to the amount of space available to use. In order to combat space restrictions, we need to consider what range of products we can utilise – including anything from Flames and CO2 jets (which don’t produce smoke) to our innovative new product, Sparkular.
Who Supplies Our Products?
Certain manufacturers specialise in different pyro products, so we purchase from a variety of companies depending on what our clients require.
Our largest manufacturer of stage pyrotechnics is Le Maître. Their product is distributed throughout the world and renowned as the very best.
There are several factors to take into consideration when arranging a set-up.
- If a stage is to be installed then this needs to be considered in the Health & Safety calculation, as does anything hung in the ceiling such as a truss/lighting.
- You can’t have an explosive product without creating some smoke, so our team need to consider this, especially when setting up indoors.
- Safety distances to the audience and any performers or crew.
- Space for us to position our products on the stage or ceiling.
- Any other activates that are taking place as part of the event which may affect our operation, for example dancers or hosts/comperes.
- How we will manoeuvre our equipment in or out of the venue and whether there are any obstacles to overcome. Is there is lift access for example, should we be setting-up on a higher level?
- Emergency exits and their locations within the venue as these will need to be kept clear.
- Smoke alarms, which often need to be turned off but can be isolated to a specific area.
- We often have to work in the dark as lighting designers require darkness to test their programming. Our specialist team bring personal lighting in the form of head torches, enabling us to set-up safely and efficiently.
How Long Will My Pyrotechnic Show Last?
Indoor pyrotechnic shows in general are relatively short, probably averaging less than 20 seconds. Alternatively, they will be made up of several short bursts across a longer show of up to 3-4 hours.
Health & Safety Information
One key difference between outdoor and indoor pyro is that for indoor, we have to consider ceiling height as well as considering safety distances from the audience and any performers or crew.
At Entertainment Effects, we take our commitment to Health and Safety very seriously.
- All client projects are covered by £10m public liability insurance.
- Specific risk assessments and method statements are supplied as appropriate.
- All customers are provided with a Job Specific Health & Safety Document.
Read more about the specific Health & Safety precautions taken.