Whether you want to draw attention to your event from afar, or brighten up the entrance for arriving guests, our searchlights are the perfect solution.
Our lighting products are available for both hire and purchase and can be shipped anywhere in the UK or Europe. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and can normally hire at short notice.
Prices displayed include delivery and collection charges to any UK mainland address via courier.
Choose from a variety of multi-beam or single beam searchlights, as well as our multicolour 7kW units.
SINGLE BEAM SKY SCANNER
- Available in two different brightnesses, the sky scanner is a simple plug and play model.
- Can rotate automatically (pan across the sky, 90 degrees) in the horizontal plain.
- The angle of the head can be adjusted manually.
2kW offers an excellent brightness yet can still be plugged into a standard 13 Amp plug socket.
5kW is brighter than the 2kW and can be seen from further away, therefore requiring more power – a 32 Amp single phase supply.
Prices start from £336 including VAT and transport.
SINGLE BEAM SKY SCANNER (DMX)
- DMX units provide a greater level of control for the operator and the light offers a much wider range of movement.
- The beam can scan around 360 degrees horizontally and 270 degrees vertically.
- The light can be controlled manually or be programmed via DMX and a lighting desk. Alternatively, there are some pre-programmed settings where the lights will move through a specific sequence for simple use.
- Available in 5kW and requires a 32 Amp single phase supply .
Prices start from £420 including VAT and transport.
COLOURED BEAMS (DMX)
- Only available in the 7kW range.
- Shares all the functionality of the 5kW DMX – the beam can scan around 360 degrees horizontally and 270 degrees vertically, and is fully controllable.
- The colour is changed by a set of lenses which slide in front of the beam of light. These are also controlled by DMX.
- 32 Amp power is required for the 7kW lights.
Prices start from £480 including VAT and transport.
BUYERS GUIDE TO LIGHTING SPECIAL EFFECTS
We offer multi-beam or a strong single beams which can also be coloured based on your own specific preferences.
Our searchlights are available in a range from 2,000 to 7,000 kilo-watts and are visible up to a whopping five miles away. Spaceflowers on the other-hand are only visible up to 1.8 miles away.
Our lower powered 13 AMP lights can be plugged into a standard socket, however the brighter lights require a 32 AMP power source.
The following prices are for single units and inclusive of delivery, collection and VAT.
If you require three or more lights for your event then please contact us for a personalised quote. Alternatively, you can arrange transport yourself and we will reduce the price accordingly.
See below for further delivery information.
|1 Day||3 Days||1 Week||+1 Week|
|2 kW or 5 kW Searchlight||£336||£419||£567||Upon Enquiry|
|5 kW DMX Skyscanner||£420||£535||£742||Upon Enquiry|
|7 kW Multicolour DMX Skyscanner||£480||£625||£886||Upon Enquiry|
|Spaceflower Searchlight||£396||£509||£711||Upon Enquiry|
- Large outdoor events like festivals, music gigs and sporting events.
- Film premiers as the searchlights are synonymous with the 20th Century Fox logo.
- Firework displays and historical or religious events.
- Any outdoor event where you want to attract attention and highlight the venue from afar.
- You need a large power supply with minimum 16 AMP power. 1 kW can be run off a 13 AMP supply and the largest lights require a 32 AMP three phase supply.
- If you’re near an airport then you will need to inform the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA). It’s a simple online form and our team will be able to help you with this
- The amount of ambient light in the area significantly affects the performance of the searchlights. We don’t advise the use of the lights in city centres such as London as they are not clearly visible.
- The weather also affects the lights – they are much more visible from far away on a clear night than if it’s foggy for example. The rain can be a positive thing as the beam of light will reflect off the water droplets.
DETAILED PRODUCT INFORMATION
Installation & Setup
The units are very simple to use – we supply plug and play options or sophisticated models which are controllable via DMX.
The majority of our units simply require you to plug them in and turn on the power.
Simple controls then enable you to change the angle of the beam or the pan (swivelling left and right) across the sky.
- The simple plug and play options have limitations with the range of angle and pan. They do not shine directly up in the air for example. The DMX models have a full 360 degree pivot range and 270 degree pan.
- Unfortunately, it’s not possible to shine or project a logo into the sky, such as they do in the Batman films.
- The lights are very heavy, from 80-120kg’s, so it’s not easy to put them on a rooftop for example. Couriers require a tail lift or a ramp, alternatively it’s a two person lift into the back of a van.
- The units are waterproof, so you don’t need to worry about the rain. However, if you do have them on a long hire, we do request you cover them up when not in use to provide some extra protection from the weather.
How long will my searchlight show last?
You can use the searchlights for as long as you like during the hire, but you’ll obviously have to wait until it’s completely dark to get the full effect. For this reason, you’re limited to the hours of darkness.
Can the searchlights project an image or logo into the sky?
Any projection needs to take place onto a fixed surface, so it can be done on the side of a building for example, but not directly in the sky.
For this reason, if you’re looking to recreate a scene from Batman, then I’m afraid you’re out of luck!
All of our lighting effects are delivered in a flight-case on wheels.
The following delivery options are available:
- Courier Service (TNT) will deliver direct to your door. For standard delivery, we can not provide a specific delivery time, only a window between 09:00 – 17:00. For an extra charge of £30 per unit, we can request a morning slot for delivery before mid-day. The collection timings are more flexible.
- Personal Collection from our warehouse in Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL10 9BB. If you have your own van and want to collect and return a searchlight yourself, then we will reduce the cost of your hire (by circa £120). Please check the dimensions and weights before booking as the lights are very large. We have a ramp, but you will also need to consider getting the light in and out of the van as they weigh in the region of 100kg’s each.
- Dedicated Delivery can be arranged by our team. This is usually beneficial for local and / or larger deliveries (three or more lights). When delivering ourselves, we can be more flexible in providing a specific delivery time.